Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2016

REVIEW: KYLIE JENNER LIP KIT CANDY K

I finally got my hands on a Kylie Lip Kit!! I've been wanting this since it first came out, but it's proved to be quite hard to get. After months of trying I finally had my chance to buy so I took it. I decided to get the colour Candy K because that's the one that caught my eye from the start. I'm so happy that I bought it! It has quickly become one of my favourite lip products. So I thought I'd do a little review and some swatches to show you guys.

When you receive your parcel you get this cute specially designed package, which I think is so cool. It comes with a postcard with the Kylie Cosmetics logo on and a little note from Kylie. I love the logo; it looks so cool. I kind of want to stick the card on my wall or something. I think the whole package just makes it feel very luxurious and exclusive, which is always nice when you spend your money on a product. The packaging of the actual lip kit is just amazing. I honestly love it so much that I am saving the box; I'm not sure what I will use it for, but it is too amazing to throw out!



















The lip kit comes with a lip liner and a liquid lipstick. The price of a lip kit is $29, which actually isn't so bad. At first I thought it was too much, but when you think about it a high-end liquid lipstick rarely costs less than $20. So I think the price is actually quite fair, especially keeping in mind how "exclusive" the product is (meaning it took me months to get and many still haven't been able to get their hands on it). I did however find the worldwide shipping price to be a bit high; shipping costs $14.99. That is a bit much if you're only ordering one lip kit and when you're risking having to pay customs as well. (Luckily I didn't have to pay customs on my parcel.)

Candy K is a tan nude colour with slightly cool undertones. The texture of both the liner and liquid lipstick is very soft, creamy and smooth. It's probably the creamiest lip liner I have ever tried, which I love. 

The formula of the liquid lipstick is quite thick as I only need one dip to coat my lips. When you first apply the lipstick to your lips it stays wet for a minute before starting to dry. I'd say it's very important to exfoliate and moisturize before applying your liquid lipstick. If you don't the lipstick will crease and just not look very good at all. The first time I applied it I hadn't prepped my lips and the difference from then to now is extreme. A lip scrub and lip balm will do the trick!

Sometimes I have a hard time wearing lipstick because it fades so easily and I will have to reapply it ten times a day. But with the lip kit this wasn't a problem at all. It stays on my lips for hours. Drinking and eating is no problem at all.

The only thing that made me doubt my purchase for a second, was the fact that the colour looked so different in real life than I had expected. The colour comes of quite a bit darker on my lips than on many of the people I had seen pictures of wearing it. I guess it has to do with my skin tone as well as my lips own colour. But it did take me off guard that it was so dark on me. Luckily I ended up loving the darker look, but it is worth keeping in mind when purchasing a lip kit.

A little bonus of the liquid lipstick is the smell! It smells absolutely amazing. I'm terrible at describing smells so I'm not even going to try, but it kind of makes me want to eat it..

All in all I loved the Kylie Lip Kit! I actually like it so much that I have put in another order for two more lip kits. It just proved to be a perfect matte lip and I definitely need more. Let me know if you liked this post and want me to do another one when the new lip kits arrive.



Love,
Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. Hey Charlotte, I just wanted to tell you I think your blog is amazing and I'd like to do that by nominating you for the Liebster Award. This is to say you are fabulous and your posts excite me. Here's my post for more details http://www.bekaellen.com/2016/04/the-liebster-award.html

    xxoBeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for nominating me. That's so nice of you! :)

      Delete